The Broken Ankle Recovery Period Varies
Breaking an ankle and going through the process of getting it back to normal condition can be a lengthy process. Moreover, it can be quite painful depending on the case that you had. Definitely the more complex the procedure performed on your ankle then it follows that the longer broken ankle recovery period you will have to endure.
If, on the other hand, you just had to put on a cast and minimize movement for the recommended time by your physician, they your broken ankle recovery period will be shorter.
Average Broken Ankle Recovery Period
On average, the broken ankle recovery period would be 6 weeks. That is about one month and a half. However, that is just for relatively minor ankle fractures. If you had to have screws put on your leg, then it will take you about twice the amount of time to recover, making it about 12 weeks, or three months.
This is just an estimate. There have also been reported cases where it took a year to recover. So generally, it would depend on your condition. However, the key here is to do everything you can to make sure you do not exceed the broken ankle recovery time your physician has informed you of. If you were not informed, you should aim to have a broken ankle recovery time that would be just around six weeks.
How To Shorten Broken Ankle Recovery Period
There are actually ways in order to make your broken ankle recovery period as optimal as possible. However, you should not expect any instant miracle as the damage in your leg is obviously more than skin deep.
Some of the things you could do are the following:
• Eat a healthy diet that contains a lot of fresh fruits and vegetables. These are very rich in nutrients that will help you recover a lot faster.
• Avoid eating unhealthy food such as junk food, and alcohol. You should also stop smoking while under your broken ankle recovery period as this affects your health and may delay your broken ankle recovery period.
• Get your leg a good amount of sunlight. It is best to get out in the morning where the sun is not that prickly on the skin. This will allow your leg to absorb vitamin D to help your bones heal faster, and hence, help with your broken ankle recovery period.
Broken Ankle Recovery Period Can Be Aided With Ankle Supports
When you have to get out and walk on your feet for extended periods, it is best to put an effective support on it such as Futuro Sport Deluxe Ankle Stabilizer, One Size Adjustable (Pack of 2). This can easily fit your foot and ankle and go inside your shoe. With it, you can make sure that your broken ankle recovery period will be aided. Here are some of its features:
• Contains moisture releasing materials that will easily allow your feet to breath
• Easily fits either foot (left and right)
• Very helpful with sports activities or other activities which require foot motion
• Provides a lot of comfort and stabilizes the ankle
Broken Ankle Recovery Period Requires Patience
It is most important to be patient throughout the process of your ankle recovery. Using the Futuro Sport Deluxe Ankle Stabilizer, One Size Adjustable (Pack of 2) whenever necessary will help your broken ankle recovery period progress a lot faster since it minimizes the stress on your ankle.
With the advice provided in this article, and by also trying on the Futuro Sport Deluxe Ankle Stabilizer, One Size Adjustable (Pack of 2), you may find yourself just getting a more functional ankle in a shorter broken ankle recovery period.